23 Jun Covid – New restrictions for Greater Sydney
Restrictions apply to Greater Sydney, including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour
What are the new restrictions?
- No more than five visitors to any household including children
- People must wear masks in public settings
- People must wear masks at work
- Hospitality venues will remain open but there is no standing
- No singing or dancing at any venues except for weddings
- No more than 20 people on the dance floor at a wedding
- One person per four square metres, which will affect numbers at funerals and weddings
- A recommendation of 50 per cent capacity at sports stadiums and venues
- People must wear masks at stadiums
- Gym classes limited to 20 but you must wear a mask
- Green dot seating plan is back in effect on public transport
- Those who live or work in the following seven LGAs must not leave metropolitan Sydney except for essential travel reasons: City of Sydney, Waverley, Randwick, Canada Bay, Inner West, Bayside and Woollahra
These rules apply until 12.01 am on Wednesday 30 June 2021.